Sunday, October 28, 2007

Queen Latifah Wants the Clanging and Banging of Kids

Queen Latifah has never backed down from a challenge. The next challenge the actress and singer wants to take on is adding children to her family.

She says, "I've always wanted to have [babies] and adopt. When I was little, I remember seeing TV shows and a child would be adopted and be happy. I just always felt like there are so many kids out there who need a parent. I want to be that household where everybody's kids hang out. As long as you can tolerate the noise and the clanging and banging, it's cool. To me, it's good energy.

She's already perfecting the "mom look" to help discipline her future kids.

She jokes, "I hope to have that skill when I have kids. I can give them that one look [menacingly narrows her eyes] and they'll straighten right up, because that's what my mom was known for."

Her mother, Rita Owens, shares her daughter's desire to add to the family and wants to see the next generation sooner rather than later. Ms. Owens says, "[Dana] always said she wants at least seven children. I used to harass her like, 'I want to be a cool grandmother, Dana. I want to be able to ride horses and swim.' [Now] I say, 'Looks like we're going to be wheelchairing the grandkids around at this point...' She's like, 'Ma, I'm working on it!' "

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment