Thursday, November 16, 2006

Matt Damon Works at Being Boring

I truly love Matt Damon. He takes pride in being the "boring" side of the Matt and Ben duo. He recently sat down with Details magazine to talk about his place in Hollywood. The following is an excerpt of their article.

On the Hollywood limelight:“I’ve worked very hard in interviews to portray a very polite and boring person. I’m actively trying to get away from the overexposure that happened eight years ago.”

On giving interviews:“The only thing a celebrity can do in one of these articles is hurt their own career. If I give you a really good interview, am I going to get a movie out of it? F--k no! So what’s the argument for saying anything, unless you have this rampaging need to please?”



On being famous:
“I’d heard people say, ‘You’ll enjoy being famous for a week, and you’ll never enjoy it again.’ I don’t even feel like I had that week. I was so busy working that I didn’t even get to notice that moment.”

On turning down the cover of Rolling Stone:“Harvey [Weinstein] came to the set of Rounders and was yelling at me, going, ‘What the f--k is wrong with you? Did you ever think you’d be on the cover of Rolling Stone? And I said ‘Sure, I dreamed about it when I was a kid, but I’m already on the cover of nine other f--king magazines. My own grandmother told me she’s sick of seeing me. I can’t do this anymore.”

On being selective with his roles:“I want the kind of career Robert Duvall has. I don’t feel [that] chasing movies like this is going to lead to a 40-year career. I’d rather be broke.”

Check out the December issue of Details for the whole article including what some of his famous co-stars including Ben,

No comments:

Post a Comment