Monday, August 28, 2006

Maggie Gyllenhaal's Food Cravings


Maggie Gyllenhaal was so ill with morning sickness during her first trimester that she could only eat watermelon and tiramisu. The star sent her fiancé Peter Sarsgaard and brother Jake Gyllenhaal scrambling to find something she could keep down while she remained sick in bed.

She explains, "In the beginning there were just things that I had to have and eat nothing else except that thing - like watermelon, which is hard in February. There were things that made no sense, too. I had my brother staying with me at one point - he and Peter, they were running around the city trying to find something that I could eat.

"I was really sick. They came back with pasta and steak, Saltines (crackers) and all types of things, and I couldn't eat any of it. Then my brother handed me a spoonful of tiramisu - just sugar and cream - he said I sat up like a mommy and ate it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment