Friday, September 03, 2010

Nicole Richie Covers InStyle UK: Taking Responsibility for Her Actions and Moving On


Nicole Richie covers the new issue of InStyle UK.  In the article she takes credit for her own mistakes (Lindsay Lohan could take a clue) and moving on with her family (fiance Joel Madden, daughter Harlow, 2 1/2, and son Sparrow, nearly 1).

Some highlights:

On learning from past mistakes:
“One thing about me is that I’ve always taken responsibility for my own actions whether they’re good or bad. Even when I was going through my tough time, that was a situation that I created.”

On taking responsibility for her own bad judgments:
"People ask me, do I blame Hollywood or my parents? No, I don't blame my parents. It had nothing to do with them. I created it and manifested it, and I got myself through it with the help of a lot of great people."

On her grownup tattoo regrets:
"I'm a Virgo and the sign is a virgin. So, when I was 16, I got the word 'virgin' tattooed on my wrist thinking I was so deep and cool. And now I just look really weird having 'virgin' written across my wrist – and I have to explain it."

On her food choices for the family:
“Home-cooked and very, very healthy… and made with love.”

On whether pregnancies with Harlow and Sparrow:
“Being pregnant with Harlow was easy. I was wearing heels for eight months. I never got sick and I was like, ‘Oh, what are people talking about?’ But with Sparrow, I was so sick. And my feet were swelling. They were polar opposite pregnancies.”

On letting Harlow make her own fashion decisions: 
“She picks her own clothes. It’s a 20-minute thing, it begins at 7.30 each morning, but it is what it is and it’s fine"

No comments:

Post a Comment