Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jennifer Lopez Talks Motherhood and Flabby Bellies



Jennifer Lopez has come to terms with many of the issues that plague working moms after welcoming twins, Emme and Max, in February 2008. This week the icon, who was just named US Weekly's Style Icon of the Decade, talks with the magazine about her life today.

Some highlights:

On her body after baby:
"I remember my flabby belly hanging out right after I gave birth. kind of laughed and said to Marc, 'Look, baby! Isn't this crazy?' I just didn't care."

On her view of her 'belly' today:
T"I look back at pictures from that time, and I'm like 'Oh, god, I was fat. I was still heavy eight months out!'"

On her inspiration to shed 50 pounds and get her famous body back in shape:
"You get to the point where you're like, Where am I? What happened to me? I got to get myself together for my kids, you know? They need to know what I really look like."

On the reality of her body after the babies:
"Before I was always able to fit into sample-size clothes from designers, and now they have to take them out just a bit...It's no big deal."

For more of the interview pick up the new issue of Us Weekly on newsstands today!

No comments:

Post a Comment