Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Talk Babies



Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon have been enjoying married life as newlyweds for a year and a half. Now it appears that the couple are ready to move on to the next phase of their marriage -- having kids. In a new interview featured in In Touch Weekly, the couple talks about their plans for the future.

Some highlights:

On whether they are ready for kids:
Mariah: "Definitely, we want a family."
Nick: "Yes, of course. It’s at the forefront of our minds. We’re very close. But we want to enjoy our first year together. We didn’t have a stable environment."

On how many kids they want:
Nick: "We’d like two."
Mariah:" Of course, we’d be happy with one. I want to be able to manage the right amount of attention. We are so busy — if you have six kids running around, no one gets what they need. Kids need a lot of attention."

On whether they would consider adoption:
Nick: "It’s never out of the question. I was raised by my grandmother, who was also a foster mom, so I grew up around a lot of kids."

On whether they expect to have a baby by the end of 2010:
Mariah: "Yeah. What do you think?"
Nick: "I think that’s what the world is waiting for."
Mariah: "Oh, my goodness, that’s so much pressure on our kids!"

On whether she would mind gaining the baby weight:
Mariah: "No, I wouldn’t mind. I’d be fine with it. I’m not one of those people who is usually a size 2 to start with and gets scared they will end up a size 3."

Source: In Touch Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment