Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Young and The Restless' Michelle Stafford Expecting Fird Child!

The Young and the Restless star Michelle is expecting her first child, a girl, in December via a surrogate.

The actress, who has won two daytime Emmys for her role as Phyllis Summers on the soap, decided to turn to a surrogate after struggling through fertility treatments and surgeries for several years.

"After a three-year journey through hell, I'm elated, ecstatic and feel ultimately lucky to be able to announce I'm expecting my own child via surrogate in December," Stafford says in a statement.

Stafford tried to become pregnant first via artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization. After several failed attempted, she decided to opt for surrogacy to become a single parent.

"I never wavered in my desire to be a mother," she says. "But I did waiver on aspects of the process. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment