Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jada Pinkett Smith on the Cover of Shape



Jada Pinkett Smith is featured on the August cover of Shape Magazine. In the accompanying interview, this busy working mom-of-three talks about her secrets for staying balanced and healthy in Hollywood.

Some highlights:

On keeping everything in balance including her new starring role on TNT's HawthoRNe:
"I won't lie to you. I have a lot of help. It takes a village to run my life successfully!"

On being an active kid and passing those lessons on to her own kids, Trey, 16 [from Will Smith's first marriage], Jaden, 11, and Willow, 8:
"Sitting at home on a Saturday or Sunday was never an option. [Our kids] love to go to the gym with Will and me, but surfing and snowboarding is what we do together as a family for fun."

On her relationship with husband Will Smith:
"Will and I are yin and yang. He's all sky, vast and bright and soaring, and I'm all earth. I'm here to ground him, and he's here to help me fly."

On her biggest flaw:
"I can't cook! It's genetic. My grandmother can't cook, my mother can't cook. I was raised to believe you eat because your body needs fuel for energy, so I eat superfoods."

Pick up the new issue of Shape for the rest of the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment