Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Gwen Stefani: On the Cover of Elle Magazine



Gwen Stefani is featured on the cover of this month's Elle Magazine. In the accompanying article, this rocker mom talks about celebrity, motherhood, and hoping for the best.

On being a mother:
“It’s one thing when you have an infant, but when you have this two-or three-year-old going, ‘Mommy, what’s the deal?’ it’s harder. Kingston’s whole thing is, ‘I need, I need.’ He is insane right now. We’re just hoping for the best and that he’s not going to turn out to be a freak, but we’ll see.”

On being a celebrity:
“Obviously, I’m not anything more than I am. I’m just, like, totally normal. The fact that any of this has happened, that we’re sitting here at the Beverly Hills Hotel just gets me going, like, What?”

On No Doubt:
“Everybody’s making it like there’s all this new tension, you know, like I stepped away from the band and now they’re jealous of me, and look, maybe there is a little bit of that.”

On how her priorities changed from her single rocker days to being part of a family:
“I wasn’t even married. Now I’m a wife and a mother of two. It’s a really different role. I always referred to No Doubt as a marriage, because that’s what it’s like to be together for so long and go through what we’ve been through. I can’t really have that relationship with them anymore. My priorities are always going to be my husband and my family now. That’s a huge, huge thing.”

Pick up the new issue of Elle for the rest of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment