Sunday, March 01, 2009

Julia Roberts Revels In Her Eco-Mommy Role

Julia Roberts may be known as the world's highest paid actress, but this busy mom-of-three is relishing her role as a modern eco-conscious mom. She recently shared a glimpse into her less glam lifestyle with her kids -- twins Hazeland Phinnaeus, 4, and son Henry, 19 months.

On skipping this years Oscars and watching at home:
"My husband had been away and just returned home so I felt it best to stay home and be with my family. That was my priority so we watched the show on television."

On her organic garden:
“The children love it and I think it’s the best training for them. I think when children know their food sources they’re more inclined to eat what they’re growing because they’re so proud of it. To watch my kids eat kale is a pretty proud moment for me as a mom.”

On her decision to lead a low-profile lifestyle with her family:
"My life at home gives me absolute joy. There are some days when as soon as you've finished cooking breakfast and cleaning the kitchen it's time to start lunch and by the time you've done that you're doing dinner and thinking there has to be a menu we can order from. But some days are so much fun and my kids will help me and it's just a part of your day. Some days it's superfun and some days it's a chore."

On her relationship with husband Danny Moder:
"We're best friends and we support each other in every way. You have a connection with your partner that becomes an unbreakable bond and that's why you get married."

On stepping back from Hollywood:
"Of course life has changed and I work less, but I was never one to work too much. I never did years of movie-after-movie-after-movie but when you've got three toddlers in the house you're performing all day long, anyway, with puppet shows and stories - I act around the clock."

On creating an organic garden with her kids:
"The children love it and I think it's the best training for them. I think when children know their food sources they're more inclined to eat what they're growing because they're so proud of it. To watch my kids eat kale is a pretty proud moment for me as a mom."

On her her approach to fashion and beauty:
"When you've got four people to dress to get out the door you don't spend a lot of time on yourself. But that's the way I roll anyway. The body is a great machine and knows how to take care of itself. I think the things we do to our skin or bodies stop it from doing its proper job."

No comments:

Post a Comment