Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gavin Rossdale Talks Fatherhood


Former Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale recently talked with The Daily Record about his wife Gwen Stefani and how being a dad has changed him. Rossdale and Stefani have a two-year-old son Kingston and are currently expecting their second child. He also has a 19-year-old daughter Daisy with ex-girlfriend Pearl Lowe.

Some highlights from the interview:

On his relationship with Stefani:
“I always thought, if I was going to get married, I wouldn't mind if I could hack it with someone I really like. We enjoy spending time together and Gwen always looks so great. It’s like four different women a week coming out of the dressing room. It is fantastic.”

On the new baby:
“We don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl. We’re into the surprise element."

On the baby's nursery:
"We are going to put him in a black room. He’ll be a goth baby so it doesn’t matter if it is a girl or a boy.”

On being there for the baby's arrival:
"Whatever I can do to help, I'll do, but the guys get off light. We get to have the fun, then nip off, and the girls have to carry the physical burden of making a human, which is phenomenal. It's more than my life's worth to miss the births of my children. I'd be dodging plates, and frying pans would be flying past my head. I want to be around and supportive and helpful. The first birth was so overwhelming."

On how becoming a dad has changed him:
“Every day, I am more crazy about Kingston. He’ll do something and all over again I can’t believe how magic he is. This time, I feel a lot more confident. First time around, I hadn’t even held a baby for more than three minutes prior to Kingston being born. I didn’t even know how to burp him.”

Source: The Daily Record

No comments:

Post a Comment