Friday, November 23, 2007

Cynthia Nixon Teaches Her Children to Give Back

Cynthia Nixon takes pride in sharing her spirit of community action to teach her kids how to help out themselves.

Her kids, Samantha, 11, and Charles, 4, are "not too young to learn about giving back," Nixon said at the launch of the Curél Lends a Helping Hand Campaign. The event auctioned off celebrity hand prints to raise money for the American Red Cross.

"My children are being raised Jewish, so last year we all had a meeting with a rabbi, who said it's good to let your children know what their parents values are," said Nixon.

Her personal passion? "I'm a very big public school advocate. I try to bring public awareness to increase funding," said the actress. "My kids go to public school. I grew up here [in New York], went to public school, got a great education. It wasn't a tough decision."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment