Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Isaac Hanson's Scary Reality Check

Isaac Hanson, 26, had recently celebrated his first wedding anniversary and the birth of his son Everett. Little did he know the scary turn his life was going to take as he got ready to take the stage at the House of Blues in Dallas, TX with his brothers Zac, 22, and Taylor, 24.

"My shoulder started to irritate me," he says of the recent events. Writing it off as a routine ache, he popped an aspirin and hit the stage. Midway through the concert his arm was purple and swollen.

"I felt panic - without screaming," he says. "I said 'We've got to find a hospital. Immediately."

The next day, Hanson found himself in surgery for a life threatening blot clot due to pulmonary embolism.

His wife Nikki says, "It's a big reality check. We're in our 20's... You don't think about dying."

As Isaac faced the reality of his medical situation, his mind turned to his 6-month-old son Everett. "I told my wife. 'If only Everett was her. I bet he could fix my troubles. When we talked about Everett, we both started crying. Because what if something happened? He would not have a father... I was freaking out on the inside."

The clot was successfully removed on October 4th and Hanson is now on blood thinners that should prevent future clots.

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment