Saturday, September 29, 2007

Janet Evans Kept Right on Swimming Through Her Pregnancy

Four-time Olympic medalist Janet Evans didn't let becoming pregnant with daughter Sydney stop her from keeping fit -- she just jumped in and kept swimming.

"I swam throughout my pregnancy and basically 10 days after she was born," Evans said at the 22nd Annual Great Sports Legends Dinner in New York City. "Swimming throughout the pregnancy really kept me fit and made it easier. And my OB said it was the best thing that I could do."

Her competitive spirit was intact throughout her pregnancy which caused her husband, Billy Wilson, some concern.

"He got mad at me because I was racing little kids in the pool," Evans said. "You're not supposed to get your heart rate up after you have a baby. I'd be racing little 10-year-olds and saying, 'They can't beat me. I'm an Olympian.' He'd say, 'Please, take care of our daughter.' "

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment