Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Angelina Jolie Plans to Wait to Have Alone Time With Brad Pitt

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt realize that having four young children will put a crimp in their alone time - but as far as they are concerned that time can wait until the kids are older.

"Some people have their lives together and then they have their children," the actress says in the July issue of Esquire.

"Brad and I are starting with the children and are planning to have our time together in our later years."

For now, she says they plan to avoid the social scene and focus on the kids. "We don't go to parties," she says. "We hardly ever leave the house. We try to schedule time when we're alone."

"Right now, Pax is sleeping in our bed," Jolie says. "It's kind of nice, him immediately knowing and feeling comfortable with us. Mad slept with me until Brad and I got together. They're fun to sleep with. We have family sleep on Sundays. Everybody sleeps together."

She adds: "I try to make sure that each of my children has enough of my attention to feel equal. I try to make sure that my relationship with the man in my life is solid and complete and we're very connected and having a great life together and enjoying our children and being part of the world. So that's my life."

One thing that is no longer one of her main priorities is living the life of a movie star.

"I have no animosity toward Hollywood or the demands of the red carpet, all that silliness," says Jolie. "That's my job, and I'm happy to have it.

"But when I die, do I want to be remembered as an actress? No. I recently had an op-ed published in a newspaper. And at the end, it didn't say I was an actress. It said that I was a U.N. goodwill ambassador – that's all. And I was really proud."

Jolie says her work with the U.N. and other humanitarian organizations has allowed her to find her true meaning. "I entered this business before I had focus and purpose in my life," she says. "I was very unhappy, very unhealthy, and when I sat down for an interview, I didn't know why. I felt like I didn't have anything to share. It was a very empty time."

Source: Esquire

No comments:

Post a Comment