Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Debra Messing Refused to be "Enhanced" for Will and Grace

Debra Messing will do alot of things for a character, but wearing faslsies isn't one of them.

The actress appeared at a panel for the Tibeca Film Festival and revealed that she opted not to wear false boobs for her iconic character on "Will & Grace" despite being asked to by the president of NBC.

"When we shot the pilot, I was handed - in the wardrobe - chicken cutlets," Messing said . "They were [supposed to be] boobs. And I wore them.

"After the show was picked up, at the first fitting, I said, 'I don't want to wear these. I actually like the idea that she's completely flat-chested, and I think there's comedy in that.

"We shot three episodes, and then I was called to my executive producer's office. They sat me down and said, 'We got a call from the president of NBC, and they said, 'What happened to her boobs?'"

Her response: "I said, 'F- 'em.' They were not happy. ... They said, 'You have to wear them,' and I said, 'No.'" Messing ultimately prevailed, and lack of curves become an ongoing series punch line.

Messing says finding a part she loves following the end of the hit show. She says: "I'm like the dancing monkey now. I'm like, 'Okay, who's going to give me a job?' And there are a hundred scripts out there and there're only two [roles], and one is for Cameron Diaz and one is for Julia Roberts."

Even so, she has apparently found a couple good roles with two new films debuting at the annual film festival: "Purple Violets" and the poker pic "Lucky You."

Source: NYDN

No comments:

Post a Comment