Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kate Winslet's Good Morning Surprise

Kate Winslet got quite a surprise during her appearance on Good Morning America earlier this week. Apparently, the interviewer's attempt to dig up obscure footage of the star as a surprise majorly backfired.

She explains, "Recently, I've been doing a lot of press. Odd things keep happening. People keep digging up little nuggets of research that they think no one has ever seen before and it's not going quite according to plan. I was on Good Morning America with Diane Sawyer, who is a wonderful, lovely woman and they thought they would surprise me by showing a clip of a breakfast cereal commercial that I was in when I was 11 years old, but it wasn't me. I just didn't have the heart to say, 'Oh, God, Diane, I'm really sorry, but your researcher got it wrong. It's just not me.'"

The stunned actress didn't have the heart to say anything at the time because she didn't want anyone to lose their job. She adds, "I just didn't want the researcher to get fired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment