Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bob Woodruff's Amazing Recovery

Former ABC News Coanchor, Bob Woodruff, is making a remarkable recorvery after being severly injured in Iraq in January. "It's kind of hard to believe it now," he tells People magazine.

He no longer needs physical or speech therapy but does cognitive rehab three times a week to work on "word recall" to assist him in calling up desired words at the right time.

His recovery is amazing considering the newsman spent several months in medically induced sedation before waking up last March.

"I couldn't even remember distinctively that I had four children (Mack, 15, Cathryn, 12, and twins Nora and Claire, 6)," says Woodruff. He had fractured his skull and suffered severe brain trauma in a roadside bomb attack in Iraq.

"My little twins," he says, "I couldn't remember their names or even that they really were around. I could not even name the names of my brothers."

Source: PEOPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment