Monday, March 26, 2007

Brian McFadden Says Marriage to Kerry Katona was a Sham

Ex-Westlife star Brian McFadden is claiming that his wedding to Kerry Katona was a total sham. He says they even spent their wedding night apart after a lavish wedding at an Irish castle.

McFadden says of the wedding itself, "It wasn't a real wedding. We were getting married to have a big party and get loads of money for it - and to appear showbiz.

"The day my marriage ended was on the stag night (when he cheated on Katona with a lap dancer). That was the time I felt 'this is not supposed to be'."

McFadden tells Reveal magazine: "At first, I denied the lapdancer thing, but then I was taken to court for calling her a liar.

"If we hadn't had kids, the marriage wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

"I was too young to understand what having kids meant. Having a child was like getting a dog."

McFadden says the split was a mutual decision: "Kerry had taken the kids and was living with her mum. I was in New York and she phoned me and asked 'Don't you love me any more?'

"I said: 'Not like I did at the start.' She said: 'Neither do I. We have to end it.'

"I left it at that, then got another call saying 'I'm having a press conference to say we're separating. I want to move on with my life.'

"I felt relieved, although I felt sad for the children.

"After the press conference she phoned again and said 'I'm having nothing to do with this, you're the one leaving me. I don't want to break up.'

"I don't talk to her now. But if I had to, I'd only do it for the sake of the kids."

The father of Katona's two eldest daughters Molly, five, and Lily Sue, four, said: "My private life became as artificial as my pop life in Westlife, but I couldn't see it at the time.

"We became a showbiz couple, and everyone was talking about us. That swept me off my feet.

"After we had the first baby, bought a house and spent time together, I woke up one morning and realised 'this is not what I want to do with my life. We don't have anything in common'."

Source: Reveal Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment