Monday, August 28, 2006

Meredith Viera Ready to Put the View Behind Her

As her premiere as the Today show's new co-host grows near, Meredith Viera isn't looking back. In order for her to look ahead, she no longer even watches the daytime chatfest according to an interview with Tim Magazine.

"But I have to admit," she says, "the day after Star (Jones) made her announcement (about leaving), I watched. I feel very sad for everything that's happened and for everybody involved. I'm proud of the work we did there, but it's not a good time in the history of that show. It's hard to watch. It sort of became a joke."

Asked if she'd grown tired of The View, she says: "Not tired, but I'd been doing it for nine years. The positive side was that it was like a wonderful, comfortable pair of slippers. But you can become so blasé."

"I have the opportunity to do pretty much any story I want to do," she says. "And if I don't do this now, I'll probably not get offered it again. I'd kick myself. I'm not somebody who loves getting up at 4 in the morning, so this might kill me, but we'll see."

Source: PEOPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment