Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Sheryl Crow Is One Strict Rocker Mama!

Rocker Sheryl Crow is featured on the cover of Prevention magazine's May 2011 issue.  In the interview she opens up about being a single mom to boys and taking pride in being a strict mom. 

Here's the highlights:

On her parenting style: 
“I’m strict.  They have to understand that somebody’s in charge and sometimes the answer is no. It’s about being consistent.”

On saying no to sons Wyatt, 4, and Levi, 1:
“I really think that you do them a disservice when they get out into the world and they realize they’re not entitled to have everything. I think we’ve gotten to that place where parenting has been equated with making a child happy.”

On being a single mom to two boys:

“I never thought I’d be raising a boy by myself. Now that I’m three and a half years in and I see Wyatt going into a little testosterone phase, I’m like, ‘Whoa!’ But he has great role models. He sees his two uncles and his granddad often.”

Source: Prevention

No comments:

Post a Comment