Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Cooking and Not Being An Ice Princess!


Gwyneth Paltrow is certainly reinventing herself this year. First she showed off her singing talents on Glee (and just about everywhere else), now she's taking us into her kitchen to show off her cooking skills with the release of her new cookbook, My Father's Daughter.  She recently sat down with Ladie's Home Journal to talk about cooking the the world's perception of her. 

Here are some highlights:

On her cookbook:
"A way for me to honor my dad [director Bruce Paltrow, who died in 2002]. I called it My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness because we learned how to cook together. But it's strange. The other day I was thinking, Why did I write a cookbook? And, Why did I say yes to singing at the Country Music Awards? I'll look back at a lot of things I've done and say, "How did I have the guts to do that?"

On food and cooking:
"I'm the classic Jewish mother. I'm always making way too much, and I'm preoccupied with whether people have had enough to eat. When someone walks into my house, the first thing I do is make sure they're fed."

On the biggest misconception about her:
"That I'm uptight. There's nothing uptight about me! I've got this ice-blonde reputation and that's just not me. I do silly things in public all the time, like hosting Saturday Night Live, or I'll go out with friends and have a good time. I try to live my life to the fullest even if it means making a fool of myself."

On her moments of overindulgence:
"There's the me that will have a salad, a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine, and then there's the other me that will have four glasses of wine, fried zucchini, pasta, chicken parmigiana and dessert. I try not to do that other version too much. I was at a party having dinner next to Mario Batali and he was like, 'You're the only person I know who eats more than me.'"

On her life motto:
"Try your hand at whatever you're passionate about. I've taken whatever little bit of talent I was born with and worked it to death."

Source: Ladies Home Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment