Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fantasia Talks Overdose and Getting Back to Herself

Fantasia Barrino broke her silence and appeared on this mornings episode of ABC's Good Morning America.  During the interview she talked about her recent suicide attempt and relationship with married Antwaun Cook. 

"I think I was just overloaded with everything, with carrying six years of so much," said Fantasia. "I always take a licking and keep on ticking...it just became heavy for me to the point that I just wanted to be away from the noise ... There's so much that people don't understand. They just see the glitz and the glamour, and they feel like life is so perfect, but we're human and we go through things."

Despite the fact that she was threatened with a lawsuit by her boyfriend's soon-to-be ex-wife on the day that she attempted suicide, she insists he didn't factor into her decision making that day.



"I think everybody feels like I tried to harm myself over a man, but you know I've been in a lot of bad relationships," she said. "I think that had somewhat to do with it because it was so heavy, it was brand new information, I was already going through so much. But I think it was just six years of everything, of me holding all that stuff on the inside and not letting it out...I got very, very tired."

Now she's working with a life coach to help her through all the turbulence and trying to promote her new album, Back to Me, which hits shelves today.

Barrino said, "I'm just going to go back to that young lady I was on the Idol that people fell in love with. I'm back to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment