Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Celine Dion and Rene Angelil Expecting Twins

For Céline Dion becoming pregnant with twins was the result of a year of physical and emotional exhaustion.

"I feel like I've been pregnant more than a year," Dion, 42, tells the French-language Le Journal de Montreal. "I never gave up. But I can tell you that it was physically and emotionally exhausting."

Dion and husband Rene Angelil endured months of IVF treatments which has resulted in twins set to arrive later this year.

Now that the couple are expecting, Dion is trying to abide by her doctors orders and relax a little bit.

"It's stressful but I'm relaxing. I look at my little belly. I do almost nothing," she says. "If you tell me I have to stay in bed, I will stay in bed until November, when the babies are born. To bring them into the world, there's nothing more important than that. It's incredible."

The singer plans to return to Las Vegas next year to kick off a new show, but is trying to set the priorities in her homelife.

"There are no accomplishments bigger than [being a mom]. The trophies and the money, that doesn't give meaning to life and that doesn't give you true happiness," she says. "A baby – yes."

Source: Le Journal de Montreal

No comments:

Post a Comment