Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow: Embraces Her Inner Mean Girl



Gwyneth Paltrow is owning up to her inner mean girl.

The actress is featured on the upcoming issue of British Vogue magazine. In the accompanying article she talks about caving in to gossip, fitness, and becoming a lifestyle guru.

On her inner mean girl:
"Oh yes, I can be mean. I can cave in to gossip. I can ice people out and I definitely harbor revenge."

On harboring toxic feelings:
"I'll wake up in the morning and think, 'Ugh, I feel terrible,' and suddenly realize, 'Ah, that's why. I'm holding on to so much hate.' I'm having a situation right now with a friend where I'm feeling pretty angry. But revenge is corrosive and it doesn't make me feel good."

On her fitness regime with business partner Tracy Anderson who helped the Oscar winner lose 20 pounds after the birth of son Moses:
"I had to work hard to get it like this. But now I'm here it's so great because I don't have to think about it. I can just enjoy life. What a relief is that."

On avoiding the dreaded diet:
"I can eat what I want, as long as I exercise, which is just as well, because if I put the word' diet' into my brain, I immediately gain a stone [i.e. 14 pounds]."

Paltrow is married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin. The couple have two children - Moses, who turns 4 on Thursay, and Apple, 5.

Source: UK Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment