Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Demi Moore Finds Comfort In Her Own Skin



Demi Moore is featured on the cover of the May issue of UK's Elle magazine. In the accompanying interview, she talks about getting the body of her dreams in her 40's, her iconic Vanity Fair covers and the possibility of having a baby with husband Ashton Kutcher.

On her body obsession and finding comfort in her own skin:
"I had an extreme obsession with my body. I made it a measure of my own value. I tried to dominate it, which I did, and I changed it multiple times over. But it never lasted and ultimately it didn't bring me anything but temporary happiness. Does being thin resolve anything? No. The irony is that when I abandoned that desire to dominate my body, it actually became the body that I always wanted. But it only happened when I stopped trying to control it. At the end of the day, this kind of obsession is pointless and meaningless."

On her iconic pregnant Vanity Fair cover:
"I was brave. I was so brave! I had no sense of the impact that it would have. I just wanted to push the boundaries. When I said things like "I want it all", that wasn't coming from a place of greed. It was coming from a desire for balance. I wanted to remove the limitations that I felt were being imposed on me. Why couldn't I be a mother and have a career?"

On the possibility having a child with Ashton Kutcher:
"We talk about it and it's something that we would like. He's an amazing father to my daughters already, so I have no doubt that if it's in our future, it would be another incredible part of our journey together."



Source: UK Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment