Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nicole Sullivan Shares Her Parenting Advice with Babble

Nicole Sullivan is best known from her comedic roles on MADtv and Rita Rocks. In real life, she is a real mom to sons Dashel Pierce, 2, and Beckett, 6 months, with husband Jason Packham. Today is is featured on Babble sharing her advice on boys, bikinis, and keeping it all in balance.

Some highlights:

On her parenting philosophy:
"Don’t hover — it’s really important to raise independent children. And as little TV as possible. It turns them into monsters! Even the cute shows, [Dashel] watches a half hour, and all of a sudden, he’s picked up three things I don’t want him saying!"

On the life lesson she wants her kids to learn:
"Not to leave your life or your happiness in other people’s hands. It’s up to you to make every day fun, good, and productive."

On her biggest surprise as a parent:
"Breast-feeding blows! (Laughs) I was like, 'Wow! That hurts!' And I can’t believe how early I have to get up every day of my life. Sometimes, the baby’s up at 5:45 a.m., and I’m like, 'Oh my God, this is inhuman.'"

On being a mom in Los Angeles:
"Gisele [Bundchen], [when she was pregnant] goes, 'Oh, I just altered my clothes a little.' Oh, life is different for you Gisele. Really, [living in L.A.] is like living in a sea of Giseles. I didn’t want to be the mom wearing the winter parka by the pool.

On her recent photoshoot in a bikini for People magazine:
"I’m so used to walking out of rooms backwards so people don’t see my butt. It was awesome."

On her worries about raising boys:
"I’m terrified of them jumping off roofs. [Then after that], I have to deal with them bringing little tattooed eighteen-year-olds home, in those shorts you see at Abercrombie & Fitch. Like who fits into that? They look like baby clothes!"

For the rest of the interview checkout today's spotlight at Babble.

No comments:

Post a Comment