Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Gisele Bundchen Talks Childbirth and Picking a Name

Gisele Bündchen may be a supermodel and married to one of the top quarterbacks in football. Now this new mom opens up about the birth of her son Benjamin who arrived in early December.

"[It] wasn't painful, not even a little bit," the supermodel says in an interview with the Brazilian TV show Fantastico. "The whole time, my head was so focused – every contraction, the baby is closer, the baby is closer. So, it wasn't like, 'Oh, what pain.' It was, 'With every contraction, he is getting closer to me.' "

Bündchen opted not to use any serious pain medication during the water birth. "I wanted to be conscious and present for what was happening," she says. "I didn't want to be anesthetized. I wanted to feel."

Childbirth hasn't put a crimp in her activities and she admits to having a quick recovery. She adds, "The second day, I was walking, I was washing dishes, I was making pancakes in the kitchen."

The biggest issue for Bundchen and husband Tom Brady was choosing a name. The couple spent more than a week after the birth trying to pick a name that would work well in both English and Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment