Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jessica Alba: Raising Honor to Appreciate Her Roots



Jessica Alba is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Siempre Majur Magazine. In the accompanying article, the actress and mother to 19-month-old daughter Honor talks about reconnecting with her Mexican heritage and raising her daughter to respect her multicultural background.

Some highlights from the interview:

On her recent decision to hire a Hispanic studies professor to teach her and Honor Spanish:
"God knows that I wish I was raised bilingual. But it wasn't to be."

On the hurt she felt after the revelation at age 18 that she did not speak Spanish:
"I tried to explain to [journalists] that in this country I'm considered Latina and, thus, I consider myself Latina as well. I identify with Mexicans. It's in my blood whether or not I speak Spanish."

On the one thing she would like to change about herself:
"[The ability to] turn my brain off every once in a while. I'm too analytical."

Source: Siempre Majur Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment