Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rebecca Romijn: Not Interested in Overpopulating the World

Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell have pretty sure that their 8-month-old twins, Dolly and Charlie, are enough kids for them.

"I'm pretty sure that this is it," Romijn tells E!. "We feel like the world was made for pairs. Four feels like the perfect number."

"Also, we're not interested in overpopulating this world," she added. "So we feel like we don't want to leave more than we are when we leave this planet."

Romijn didn't plan on returning to work so soon after having the twins, but her new show Eastwick was too good to pass up.

"I had put it out there that I just wanted to be a mom for six months and not even think about work at all. I told the powers that be if anything came across their desks that I'd be devastated if I missed out on it, to make sure that I knew about it. And [Eastwick] is the only thing I read."

Becoming a working mom has been a difficult adjustment, but she's happy to have husband O'Connell home with the girls.

"Mother's guilt is no joke," Romijn admits. "I feel like any stretch of time I spend away from them, I'm worried that I'm missing out on just these little miracles. Like you watch them stare at their hand for an hour and they go take a three-hour nap and they wake up and they can do something that they didn't do before—like wave!"

Source: E!

1 comment:

  1. She is right... mommy guilt is not joke. In a recent national mom survey I conducted with over 700 moms, GUILT was the number one obstacle preventing moms from returning to work. As such, I have co-founded a social networking site for working and return to work moms that includes a resident psychotherapist to speak to this very topic. Community members can speak confidentially with her at any time. There is help and support out there.

    ReplyDelete