Thursday, September 03, 2009

Gwen Stefani on the Cover of Glamour Magazine



Gwen Stefani is featured on the cover of Glamour Magazine’s October 2009 issue. In the accompanying article, this busy mom-of-two talks about motherhood, fashion, and making it all work.

Some highlights from the interview:

On staying out of the tabloids:
“Maybe my crazy time is coming up. Let’s see what happens. Maybe I’m just a late bloomer. But I think it’s also just my nature.”

On having strict parents and staying out of trouble:
“I was thinking today when I was driving, ‘How am I going to make sure that [my son] Kingston never does anything bad and doesn’t get arrested?’ I was thinking, ‘How did I stay out of trouble?’ And I know it’s just ’cause my parents are so strict. I mean, I’m still scared of them.”

On her husband Gavin Rossdale’s skills as a dad:
“I always thought he’d be a good dad. And he has basically lived up to that and beyond, beyond. He’s very, very passionate, and he’s very intense. He’s made to be a dad. I’m very lucky.”

On her iconic look of blonde hair and red lipstick:
“That’s my whole obsession with old Hollywood. I always loved watching all those old movies, and still do—if I had time.”

On being a mom:
“How hard it is...everything from getting up in the morning to trying to be consistent to trying to have the right feelings. But, of course, the rewards are so great.”

Pick up the new issue of Glamour magazine on newstands next week for the rest of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment