Monday, August 24, 2009

Cindy Crawford on the Cover of Redbook



Cindy Crawford is best known for rocking the runway as a world famous supermodel. Featured on the cover of the September issue of Redbook, the mom-of-two shares her secrets for keeping it all in check as she faces the pressures of aging gracefully.

On her body:
“I have cellulite. I admit it. But sometimes I just say, ‘Screw it, I am going to wear a bikini.’”

On growing older in the spotlight:
“I think I look good for my age. I am not 25; I am 43. That feels like a big pressure, especially when the National Enquirer is dying to get a picture. I am so aware that I don’t want to change the way I live because of that kind of attention. So you say, ‘Screw it. I am wearing a bikini, and I am not putting on a cover-up.’ You just brace yourself for a bad picture.”

On seeing herself as a mom rather than a supermodel:
“People get excited that they’re meeting the Cindy Crawford from the Playboy spread 13 years ago, and I am a mother of two now [son Presley is 10 and daughter Kaia is 7]. I have to check in with myself. It’s good to have an awareness of the outside pressure; I can’t let it get to my core. I love my life.”

On typical evenings at her home:
"I like doing homework with the kids. Not because I like homework but because they don't like it. So I feel that's my responsibility. We eat dinner together nearly every night, and we do sit down at the dining room table. I am pretty convinced that kids would rather eat at home most of the time. You think it's special to take them out to dinner, but after 20 minutes they are like, "Are you done yet? Can we go?" They might like the food, but they don't like the experience."

On how being a mom contributed to her life:
"I always thought it was such a cliché that you have this little baby and you fall in love and people say, "Wait, it gets better." And you think, How can it get better than this? But it does. I like hanging out with my kids. When we went to Disneyland, they wanted to go on the same rides as I did. You get to re-experience all the fun things through their eyes. You realize how jaded we can become as adults. Just watching them when they get excited and their whole body is shaking and they can't even contain it — as adults, how often do we get that excited?"

On what her kids has taught her:
"Kids come out with a lot of things that are just who they are. For instance, I was a valedictorian, always sitting in the front row of class with my hand raised. And my daughter has some of that in her, but my son doesn't. He does fine, but he says, "Extra credit? I don't have to do that." I think, Why wouldn't you want to? But I can't make him or trick him into wanting to do it. You can't say, "There is only one way to succeed." I hope I'm learning to support them in being who they are.

"And kids will call you on your BS. I said to my daughter once, "Quit being such a whine-steen," and she says, "Quit being such a yell-steen" and I'm like, Oh, touché! And she was only 4!"


Source: Redbook

No comments:

Post a Comment