Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mary-Louise Parker: Adoption Was a Life-Long Dream

Some little girls dream of being a princess, others dream of being the president. When actress Mary-Louise Parker was a child, she dreamt of helping the world through adoption.

"I would daydream about it all the time," the star of Weeds told People magazine at a benefit for Worldwide Orphans Foundation in Beverly Hills. "I thought about the fact that there were children who didn't have anything, and I felt like I could help. It was something that weighed on me."

Parker made her dream a reality in August of 2007, when she adopted daughter Caroline ("Ash") Aberash from Africa. Ash joined her son William Atticus in completing her family.

"It was something I did for the world and for my son and then for me," Parker said of the adoption. "And when I say the world, I also mean my daughter. Once I knew her, she became part of that. But it's hard raising two kids as a single person. It's a lot of pressure."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment