Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jaime Pressly on the Cover of Redbook



Jaime Pressly is a busy working mom to son, Dezi James. She currently stars in the hit TV show, My Name Is Earl and her new film, I Love You Man, hits theaters this weekend. Jaime is featured on the April 2009 cover of Redbook magazine and in the accompanying article talks about motherhood, breaking up and being one of the boys.

Here are some highlights:

On being one of the boys on My Name Is Earl:
“I’m so one of the boys on the show! Lord, yes. Why stop the fun? I had a child; I didn’t die. [Costars] Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee are like my brothers. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have gotten through my pregnancy. They’re both fathers, and they were very understanding. When I got pregnant, they already knew I was a spitfire, so they were all a little afraid. I had my emotional moments. But no crazy yelling or anything like that.”

On her talkative toddler's vocabulary:
“[Jaime imitates Dezi by smacking her forehead] ‘Oh, maaaannnn.’ He got that from Dora the Explorer. Mommy was his first word - which I loved. He got Dada soon after. For a while he spoke more Spanish than English because Eric is Cuban. There’s lots of ‘aqui, aqui’ and ‘comida, Mami,’ when he wants to eat. He can count to 10 in English. In Spanish, though, he really likes the word cinco. He’ll say, ‘Uno, dos, tres, quatro,’ then ‘cinco, cinco, cinco.’ He’s a really smart kid, really animated, lots of personality.”

On parenting arrangement following her breakup with Eric Cubiche:
“I have full custody, but when he’s in town, Eric comes and sees Dezi every day. Dezi’s too young right now to go overnight. But Eric’s very much a part of his life; he’s a great father. We make sure that no matter what happens, Dezi is okay and protected and knows that Mom and Daddy love him. We’ve never argued in front of him. We don’t raise our voices around him. "

On how motherhood has changed her:
“I’m in such a good place now. My amazing little boy is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I know what it is to be unconditionally loved. I have somebody who is always excited to see me when I get home, who can’t wait to give me a hug and a kiss, who doesn’t judge me and loves me no matter what I look like. I’m never alone. Now I think before I speak. I think before I dress. I want to do and be the way any son would want his mother to do and be. I want to give him somebody to be proud of.”

On Mommy guilt as a working mother:
“I was so ready for him and just couldn’t wait to be a mother. [She pauses] I could have waited for the guilt I feel. I never said I wanted to be an at-home mom, and I don’t think I could be with my child 24 hours a day, but I don’t enjoy the guilt I feel when I leave him to go to work.”

Source: Redbook

No comments:

Post a Comment