Saturday, February 14, 2009

Rapper M.I.A. Welcomes Son After Grammy Performance!

Much ado was made about the fact that rapper M.I.A. had decided to perform on Monday's Grammy Awards which also happened to be her due date. Apparently the performance helped kick start her actual labor which started just hours after hitting the stage.

She writes about the experience on her celebrity MySpace page: "My baby was born Wednesday, he is healthy, fine, beautiful and the most amazing thin ever on this planet, of course im his mum!!! Me and baby are putting our tour dates for 2010 together and making mix tapes and figuring out a way to break out of the hospital!"

M.I.A. revealed that her early stage labor kicked in Monday at 2 a.m. after she performed "Swagga Like Us" with Jay-Z, T.I., Lil Wayne and Kanye West at the Grammys.

This is the first child for M.I.A and her fiance, musician Benjamin Brewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment