Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alsion Sweeney Writes About Daughter Megan's Arrival



Days of our Lives star and The Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney welcomed her second child, daughter Megan Hope earlier this month. In her new post on her official blog, she writes about Megan's late night arrival just before midnight on January 12.

She writes:

“There is SO much to say… I don’t know where to begin. First of all, yes, I had to go right to the hospital after shooting a weigh-in at Biggest Loser. So, I arrived not having eaten lunch, or anything. And Megan was born that night! At one point the Dr thought things were moving slowly, and it might not be until 4 or 5am. So I sent my restless husband off with his friend for a bite to eat (I certainly didn’t want them eating in front of me since I wasn’t allowed any food – which I didn’t know until it was too late. Take note! Eat beforehand!)

"And then seriously, he couldn’t have been gone 10 minutes, my girlfriend and I were chatting away, and everything happened all at once. (euphemism intended for all squirmy people.) Next thing I know, my friend is texting dave – hurry back!!! And the Dr is saying DON’T DO ANYTHING, do breathe too hard, till he gets back. And once he returned, scrubbed in, it wasn’t more than 15 minutes later she was born. She did not want to be born on the 13th! Lol. Which apparently was a bet between Dave and his buddy.

"Here’s a funny side story. One of the nurses looking after Megan and I was a long time Days fan. And she got such a kick out of telling me about how her colleagues were all doing double takes as they went to put out the latest issue of Pregnancy Magazine in their waiting area, only to see their patient on the cover! She brought me a copy – since I hadn’t seen it yet – and she was having such fun teasing them all for being star struck. What timing right? That the mag would be released while I was in the hospital? XOXO Ali”

No comments:

Post a Comment