Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jennifer Garner Talks Motherhood with American Baby

Actress Jennifer Garner is the proud mother to three-year-old daughter Violet and is currently expecting her second child with husband Ben Affleck. This busy working mom recently sat down with American Baby magazine to talk about keeping the balance, pregnancy cravings, and the perks of motherhood.

Some highlights from the interview:

The hard part of being a modern mother:
"Finding the right balance is tough for moms today. But even for my mom, who didn't work when we were growing up -- and I'm one of three -- the one thing she wishes she had done for herself was to work just a little bit. Finding the balance that's right for you is hard when you're trying to have a little bit of everything."

On keeping the balance:
"I really want to have homemade bread! I did a lot as a kid, so I want to have it for my family too. And I want to have playgroups and go to art classes and be a part of everything. At the same time, a lot of women have been raised to have a career, and you also want to be a good wife and a good girlfriend, and it's a lot to do. What do I miss? I miss reading and seeing my friends. And any quiet time -- if I find it, I'll take it!"

On her pregnancy cravings:
"Oh yeah! I always have cravings. It doesn't matter if I'm pregnant or not! I use pregnancy as an excuse to say I'm craving ice cream and chocolate, but really, that's just me. I feel great. Everything's been pretty similar to when I was pregnant with Violet. So far, so good. I've been really lucky."

On the perks of motherhood:
"The best part of being a mom is the kid herself -- that you get to have this little person be your friend and hang out with you (and drive you crazy!). Obviously your life changes and your heart expands, and it's something you can't even put into words without sounding incredibly sentimental and cliched -- both of which I am! But what it really is, is this new being is there, which is just the most fun ever."

Source: American Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment