Monday, November 17, 2008

Reese Witherspoon

Reese Witherspoon is working the publicity circuit to promote her new film, Four Christmases, which focuses on how a couple deals with the multiple family obligations of blended families. It's a challenge that she has personal experience with following her divorce from ex-husband Ryan Phillippe.

"I think the most important thing is to be a grownup," she says, "and not let any kind of feelings affect how you deal with your children."

"I'm very lucky in that we raise our kids to just be happy," she adds. "I think the most important thing is the children. What do they want, what makes them feel comfortable?"

In the film, she plays the daughter of divorced parents who appears to lack any parenting skills of her own. It was a feeling that brought her back to her experience of being a first time mom.

"When I first held my baby, Ava, [that] was the first time I'd ever held a baby in my life," she said. "So I understand that sort of fear or not being a good mom. It took me a long time to feel really comfortable in the role of being a mother."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment