Monday, November 24, 2008

Michelle Williams: Grief Is Like a River

Michelle Williams is still grieving 10 months following the death of ex-fiance Heath Ledger.

"It's so sad," the 28-year-old tells Newsweek in a new interview. "I guess it's always changing. What else can I say? I just wake up each day in a slightly different place – grief is like a moving river."

"It's a strange thing to say, because I'm at heart an optimistic person, but I would say in some ways it just gets worse," she said of her grief. "It's just that the more time that passes, the more you miss someone. In some ways it gets worse. That's what I would say."

The actress has decided to take a year off to focus on her 3-year-old daughter Matilda.

"I don't want to work while she's in school," says Williams. "I want her to have a routine. I want the plainest, simplest, most ordinary, habituated routine possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment