Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brooke Shields Celebrates Her Stregnth

It's taken 43 years, but Brooke Shields is finally comfortable in her own skin.

"I've never been one to actually focus on myself physically because everyone else was doing it for me. So I had this detachment, to be honest, for a very long time," Shields said at Maybelline's Studio 450 bash celebrating the season premiere of her NBC series Lipstick Jungle.

"I'm not petite," Shields says. "I've never been very frail or small, so I've had to find ways to celebrate that. And it's really my strength that I celebrate."

"I'm now just ... I celebrate my strength," adds Shields.

Shields is featured on this month's cover of Shape magazine says she works out to feel good rather than to just look good.

"I spin and I do yoga, and that's it ... I can carry my kids and I can dance and my legs get me through Broadway shows. And to me, when they function for me, not just look a certain way, then I feel lucky."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment