Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Minnie Driver Gets Ready for Baby

Minnie Driver’s is getting ready to welcomed her first child next month. In a new interview with The NY Post, the actress talks about her pregnancy, her plans to be a single mom, and potential baby names.

Some highlights from the interview:

On her pregnancy:
“With this pregnancy I was very sick the first four months. My black Lab Bubba, my forever constant loving companion, knew it. He’d see me lying on the couch. He’d stay with me. He felt for me. But now I’m nearly there and feeling fit. I’m keeping athletic. Running with my dog four miles every day along the beach in Malibu. I’m going to walk this baby out. I always wanted to be a mommy. I’m very into feeling this female thing.”

On her relationship with the baby's father (who won't be in the delivery room for the birth):“I’m not married and don’t know if I’ll stay with the guy. It’s great to be an independent creature. Today you don’t need a man anymore. In the old days, a baby without marriage and people would put you out. Today you speak about it on talk shows. My mom and Aunt Serena will be with me, as will my best friends, a midwife and a yoga teacher. And I’ll be the wailing monster at the center.”

On needing a nanny to help with the baby, the nursery, and possible baby names: “Because of work I’ll need a nanny, but I intend to be a hands-on mommy. I have two houses, so I’ve readied two rooms. Not pink or blue, because I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl, so I’ve just made them neutral and peaceful. Being traditional, if it’s a boy I’ll name him Thomas. A girl, Isabel... I just want to stay healthy.”

Source: NY Post

1 comment:

  1. It's great to be a wealthy independent creature.

    No argument from me on that - it sure looks good from here.

    ReplyDelete