Friday, July 04, 2008

Christina Aguilera on the Cover of Glamour


Christina Aguilera is featured on the cover of the July issue of Glamour magazine. In the interview, the new mom of 6-month-old son, Max, talks about motherhood, marriage, and music.

Some highlights from the interview:

On working out to help lose the baby weight:
“I hate working out–I have to mentally push myself through it. I can get very whiny, saying things like, “I can’t do it!”

On her post-baby body:
"I was OK with the booty and the boobs! [Laughs.] My stomach was really where I carried my weight. Toward the end of my pregnancy, I felt really big--I gained about 40 pounds, which is a lot for my size. My hips also changed significantly. And my feet grew from a size 5 to a size 7 in flats--thank God they [went back to normal]. I would have been so depressed if I had to get rid of my shoe collection!

On her new album:
“I just started recording it, but I can tell you that this record is all about fun. I’ll be referencing Pop Art, Andy Warhol’s art. So it will [sound] fun and fast-paced, and visually, it will be full of color, which is how it’s going to tie in with my new fragrance, Inspire [in stores next month].”

On how being a mom has influenced her music:
“Absolutely–my little boy breathes new life into me. That’s one of the reasons I decided to go in a playful direction with this album. I’ve spoken openly about the domestic violence I experienced growing up.”

On avoiding the paparazzi:
“A lot of people go out of their way [to be photographed]; I make a conscious effort to keep me and my family out of the limelight. The other day a paparazzo actually pulled up to my husband on the street and said, “Geez, I know the new house is big, but I’ve been trying to get a picture of you for months–you never leave the house!” And it’s true: I’ll go out at night after spending time with my son, but [during the day] I just hang out on my grounds, taking him for walks in the stroller in the backyard where we won’t be seen.”

On how becoming a mom changed her relationship with her own mother:
“It’s given me a deeper understanding of the things she went through. She had a difficult childhood, and I think she wanted to make sure [I didn’t go through that]–[yet] she ended up marrying an abuser. My mom was so giving, almost too much, that she almost forgot about herself many times. So I’m careful to make time for myself. Rather than change who I am for Max, I bring the life lessons I’ve learned to the table.”

On how becoming parents has strengthened her marriage:
“It’s brought us closer–we’re bonded together for life. Relationships and great marriages are a whole learning and growing process. We’re just great teammates. We make sure we have Mommy and Daddy nights out. Our child comes first, obviously, but there are certain things you can do: Once we know he’s in good hands, we go out late at night and have a few drinks. Then we’ll come home, dim the lights and do our thing–and I’m not going into any more detail than that!”

Source: Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment