Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gwyneth Paltrow is Incredibly Fortunate

Gwyneth Paltrow was honored at the Food Bank for New York City's fifth-annual Can-Do Awards Monday evening. The actress made the event a family affair bringing along her mom, Blythe Danner, and her brother, Jake Paltrow.

"It's very nice to receive this honor," said the Oscar-winner. "I grew up in the city and I worked in soup kitchens, one on 3rd Avenue, when I was in high school. It's a full circle to be back here."

The actress admits that she was particularly moved by a recent visit to one of the places supplied by the food bank.

"I thought to myself, the next time I complain I'm going to slap myself across the face," she said. "We are all just so incredibly fortunate and there are so many people in this amazing city who can't eat. That's shocking. We should all be doing more."

The spirit of giving back to the community and being thankful for her blessings is a lesson the busy actress is trying to pass on to her children Apple, 3, and Moses, 2.

"I always try to instill that they are very lucky and that most children don't get the things that they get," she said. "Hopefully it will stick with them."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment