Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Reese Witherspoon Talks Kids, Divorce, and Where Her Personality Comes From

Reese Witherspoon's latest film, Penelope, features a young girl who lives life as an outcast because she has a pig's snout for a nose. She appeared on Good Morning America to talk about the film, her kids, and getting made fun of as a child.

Some highlights from the interview:

On being made fun of as a child:
“Those are sort of formative experiences. I wouldn’t want my children to miss out on any of that teasing and bullying. Don’t you think it kind of makes you who you are — when you don’t make the soccer team?”

On kids today being overpraised:
“That’s the thing that drives me crazy about today: Everybody wins the award, everybody’s the MVP? No! They’re not, OK? I distinctly recall the two weeks of crying because I didn’t make the volleyball team. But it made me interesting, you know?”

On life after her divorce from Ryan Phillipe:
“I feel very grateful. I’m really lucky… I’ve had a lot of ups and downs. I’m not going to lie and say it was easy. It wasn’t easy. But I’m finding some peace.”

On being the highest-paid actress in Hollywood:
“I think you only see the success because that’s the thing that screams the loudest. The failures don’t talk so loud. I’ve had movies that were stinkeroos!”

On being grateful for her awkward childhood:
“I was always really short and really underdeveloped and had big Coke bottle glasses. I think that’s where I got a personality from, man. I wouldn’t give any of it back, not a day.”

1 comment:

  1. she's so down to earth, I really like her.

    ReplyDelete