Thursday, February 07, 2008

Matthew McConaughey Talks Fatherhood

Matthew McConaughey made a stop by the Today show earlier this week to promote his new film, ,Fool’s Gold. During the interview the 38-year-old dad-to-be talked about his upcoming fatherhood. Some highlights:

On his desire to show his child the world:
“Well, that child is probably going to fill his passport pretty quickly. Culture and travel’s been the best education I’ve had in my life and my child’s going to have that, hopefully.”

On his girlfriend Brazilian model Camila Alves:
“It’s the first woman that I’ve met that I haven’t met through friends. That doesn’t really happen too often. I saw her across the room and I couldn’t get my eyes off of her. So I invited her over and started making a margarita and then I noticed right away that this was not the kind of girl you just want to wave over. So I got my butt out of the chair, went over there and introduced myself and said, ‘You can come over and bring any of your friends you want to back to our table.’ And that’s what kind of got her to come over in the first place. And I haven’t wanted to ask anyone else out for the last two years.”

On how he sees fatherhood affecting his nomadic lifestyle:
“I do have a trailer. So I can pull it up to any backyard on any coast I want to. I worked hard to get a lifestyle and live in a place where I don’t have to wear a shirt or shoes. I’m going to keep working on it so I can put myself on a beach somewhere on the planet. Yeah, I enjoy the sunshine and I enjoy the summertime.”

No comments:

Post a Comment