Monday, February 25, 2008

Giada De Laurentiis Talks Pregnancy Cravings

Celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis has discovered some new cravings as she expects her first child, a baby girl, on April 3.

"I always want steak – lots of steak," she said at DeVito's South Beach restaurant in Miami during the South Beach Wine and Food Festival.

"I used to crave sweets before I got pregnant. You know, chocolate, cookies, cake. I've normally got a really big sweet tooth, but not now this baby just wants meat," she said.

"You know, I think this is the time to indulge myself," De Laurentiis said. "It's such a wonderful time, so I'm eating what I want."

She admits that her changing body is a very small price to pay for the health of her baby.

"I eat a lot of little meals, which is what you're supposed to do when you're pregnant. It's healthier, anyway," she says. "I couldn't be more excited about being pregnant. She can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to meet her."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment