Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Anthony Kiedis: Surfing Makes Me a Better Dad

Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman Anthony Kiedis has already found the value in taking time for himself in order to make himself a better parent.

"My goal for the year is to get better at surfing, which I think will make me a better father," says Kiedis. "The more time I spend in the ocean, the better off I am when I'm around [3-month-old son Everly Bear]."
His goals for 2008 are pretty simple, he says: "Just to be present and in the moment with my boy, that's about all I can ask for."

The 45-year-old musician and girlfriend, model Heather Christie, are already planning to expand their family. "I'd definitely like to give him a sibling in the not-too-distant future, something close in age," Kiedis explained.

He has no plans on forcing his son into music or the arts, but will be doing as much as he can to foster his artistic development.

"My dad introduced me to a lot of literature, and music, paintings, a little bit. He played a lot of really cool music, so I got exposed that way. I'm certainly going to be playing lots of music in the house. I think that has an effect on kids, the music they grow up with," he said. "I'm certainly not going to impose my artistic will on my boy. I'll just expose him to a bunch of stuff, and whatever he gravitates to, support that."

Source: People

No comments:

Post a Comment