Sunday, December 23, 2007

Snoop Dogg Values His Wife and Family

The Hollywood lifestyle nearly caused Snoop Dogg to leave his wife and family until he realized that he didn't want anyone else raising his kids. The decision came three years ago when he filed from divorce from his wife Shante after almost seven years of marriage.

"I was going to split up with my wife," he says. "My wife wasn't going to split up with me. You know, I was caught up. I was caught up with Hollywood, all the girls and the nightlife."

"I thought I was the man, and I was willing to give up what I had at home for that," he says, "until I realized that what I had at home was irreplaceable. So I gave that up to go back home."

"I just don't want another man raising my kids," Snoop says. "That was the main goal. I had kids with my wife because I wanted to be with my wife. And those three babies are all wanted, and I wanted to be with them."

The couple have three children -- Corde, Cordell, and Cori.

These days he's rededicated his life to his family and takes the greatest joy in coaching his little-league football team.

Source: AP

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:20 PM

    I commend you on your decision to choose your family and marriage, and wish other men would realize how important it is to be an active parent in the household, in their childrens lives.

    ReplyDelete