Thursday, December 27, 2007

Melissa Joan Hart and Soleil Moon Frye Talk About Being Pregnant Together

Actresses and friends Melissa Joan Hart and Soleil Moon Frye are delighted to be expecting their second children at the same time. The two also both have busy toddlers on their hands -- Soleil has a 2-year-old daughter Poet Sienna Rose and Melissa has a son Mason who turns 2 next month.

The two recently sat down and talked about their pregnancies and friendship with Entertainment Tonight.

Some highlights:


On sharing the news with each other:
Melissa was the first to share the news that she was expecting and an excited Soleil had to share her own happy news which she had been trying to keep a secret. The two are due one day apart.

On finding out she was expecting:
Melissa was initially not excited about the news. She admits, "I had a little different experience though -- I cried for two days. I was like, 'No I can't be pregnant! Not again, not now.' I was thinking I won't get to snowboard this season, and now I gotta fight the weight thing again and the indigestion and the feet hurting. My mom had seven and I thought that it was just going to be so great and easy and I was going to love [being pregnant], but it is not what I thought it was going to be. It's so hard! "

On being pregnant the second time around:
Melissa says, "First of all chasing around my son that I don't have much time to think about what's going on in here. With the first time your pregnant you're reading all the books, laying in bed playing music twice a day, learning all the rules and just being pregnant. And then of course the baby comes."

Soleil adds, "I'm chasing after [Poet], I have the store, I'm so busy that I haven't had a chance to focus on the pregnancy."

On their different parenting styles:
The two admit that they have vastly different styles as parents. Soleil says: "We could not be more different as moms but I completely respect her as a mother and I think there's a mutual respect there and it's nice because you find the balance. I thought I would be the mom that would be like 'Oh, go ahead, do anything!' and of course, I'm the one running after her saying 'Be careful!' You're so the opposite of what you think you're going to be. It's nice because you kind of balance each other out and learn from each other."

Source: Entertainment Tonight and US Weekly

1 comment:

  1. I have to say it is completely refreshing to hear Melissa talk about not wanting to be pregnant initially! I felt that way with my second baby, too. She was big surprise and those first few days were hard but she is TOTALLY worth it! We are so lucky to have her! Nice to know that the celebrities really are REAL people!! :)

    ReplyDelete