Thursday, November 22, 2007

Shania Twain Ready for Fame a Second Time Around

Shania Twain admits that she was ready for the overwhelming spotlight the first time around, but is now ready to inch back into it.

"I struggled a lot internally with my fame, and coping with it has been very difficult," Twain says in the December issue of Redbook. "I was at the point where I would never look anyone in the eye. It was like living in prison."

Her response to all the attention was to retreat to her chateau in Switzerland with her husband and son. Today she is the mom to her 6-year-old and is working on a album due to be released next year.

"I'm not such a slave to pleasing everyone, which I think is a female tendency," she says. "I take more time for myself; that's a very big part of mental, emotional and physical health."

Source: Redbook

No comments:

Post a Comment